Stressed? Tired? Don’t want to cook, can’t find matching socks, and wondering how to fit in a workout? Life is hectic with young kids and our bodies, minds, and families are impacted in so many different ways! FRES PTA wants to support our amazing families and community at our Health and Wellness Fair on Friday, January 27. Bring your whole family, help yourself to some food, and then send the kids off to the Media Center for a movie and babysitting.
Then head back to the cafeteria! We will have representatives from the following organizations and businesses to share with us the many ways we can support each other and places we can reach out to for help as well:
- Our very own amazing cheerleaders, FRES Eagles, will do a few routines for us to kick off the fair!
- National Family Resiliency Center
- Amber Ash from the Child Care Resource Center in the Office of Children and Families – there will be a kid’s activity here
- Tocar Spa – Hear about the benefits of massage therapy and sign up for a sample chair massage from trained massage therapists
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Valerie Harvey, School and Partnership Engagement Specialist for the Local Children’s Board in the Department of Community Resources and Services
- Yoga demonstrations – sign up and learn some relaxing breathing, stretching, and balance techniques
- And more to come with your help!
Are you a health professional working in one of the following fields and excited to help FRES PTA put on our first in-person event of the year? We are looking for organizations and professionals who are available to speak on the following topics or represent these organizations:
- Play Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Nutrition education and healthy cooking – demonstration? Easy recipes?
- Emergency preparedness and/or First Aid
- Body positivity and self-esteem
Please email Pratima Lele at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help us with some of our topics!